301 N. Adams St., 2nd Floor
Green Bay, WI 54301
Shelter Services for Men
During the winter of 2020-2021 (Nov. 1 to April 30), St. John’s will be operating a second shelter site for men only at the Bay Lake City Center, 2nd floor, in downtown Green Bay. This second shelter site allows us to socially distance guests and meet the safety requirements from the CDC without having to turn anyone away during the harsh winter months when a pandemic is also deeply impacting our community. This temporary shift for the 2020-21 shelter season helps provide for the health and safety of people experiencing homelessness as well as our broader community. St. John’s provides night-to-night temporary emergency shelter at the Bay Lake City Center to adult men only. We believe in meeting each guest right where they are at. Programs and services are then offered in the context of the furtherance of human dignity to assist each guest in goal attainment and self-sufficiency.
Admission Criteria for St. John’s at Bay Lake City Center
- Must have no other housing options at time of presentation
- 18 years of age or older
- Registered sex offenders are not able to reside at St. John the Evangelist Homeless Shelter due to our close proximity to a school
- Police will be notified of any individual with an outstanding warrant
- Individual must be able to provide complete self care
- Anyone with self- reported or documented, untreated, active TB will not be allowed into shelter until proof of medical clearance is provided
- Individual must agree to a criminal background check, notification of law enforcement, Department of Corrections and specific service agency contacts
- Individual must be willing to provide complete intake information
- Individuals staying for their first night of the season must check in at Bay Lake Shelter by 2:00 AM. Present to Adams Street door of the building (East side), and follow posted instructions.
Intakes for Men Seeking Shelter
Intakes for men will be done at the Micah Center (700 E. Walnut St.) M-F 8:30 a.m. to 4 p.m. If outside that timeframe, intakes will be done at Bay Lake City Center, 5 p.m. to 2 a.m.