St. John’s Homeless Shelter, in partnership with the City of Green Bay and Green Bay Police Department, will be launching a program within St. John’s Park, starting in May 2021. Daily forward-moving programming will take place 7a.m. – 5 p.m. Staff will be on-site daily and the park will be open only to adults 18 and above. All adults using the park will need to abide by the existing park rules to utilize the programming and the park space.
- Engage a population resistant to or refusing to engage with shelter services on neutral ground.
- Through rapport and trust, challenge individuals to participate in programming services offered at the daytime resource centers geared at future self-sufficiency.
- Provide accountability, supervision, and support to St. John’s Park ensuring it is a value add to the surrounding neighborhood.
- Deter crime and negative behaviors through an ongoing professional presence.
- Decrease police calls and crisis response time spent at this location.
Sample Daily Schedule
7 a.m. – 9:30 a.m.: Breakfast, coffee, Positive Choices Group, case management
9:30 a.m. – 11 a.m.: Landscaping and lawn care, haircuts
11 a.m. – 12:30 p.m.: Lunch provided, on-site medical services
12:30 – 2 p.m.: Alcoholics Anonymous, cardio fitness
2 – 4 p.m.: Basketball tournament, workshop under the pavilion
4 – 5 p.m.: Case management
5 – 8 p.m.: Community building with area partners
Matt Kadlec, Associate Executive Director, can be reached for questions regarding the ENGAGE program via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or at the Micah Center at 920-617-8700.