St. John the Evangelist Homeless Shelter
411 St. John Street – Green Bay, WI 54301
St. John the Evangelist Homeless Shelter is a seasonal, emergency, last resort shelter for adult men and women. Located in downtown Green Bay, the shelter is open November 1-April 30th each year.
Admission Criteria for St. John the Evangelist Homeless Shelter
- Must have no other housing options at time of presentation
- 18 years of age or older
- Registered sex offenders are not able to reside at St. John the Evangelist Homeless Shelter due to our close proximity to a school
- Police will be notified of any individual with an outstanding warrant
- Individual must be able to provide complete self care
- Anyone with self- reported or documented, untreated, active TB will not be allowed into shelter until proof of medical clearance is provided
- Individual must agree to a criminal background check, notification of law enforcement, Department of Corrections and specific service agency contacts
- Individual must be willing to provide complete intake information
- Individuals staying for their first night of the season must check in at Shelter by
Learn more about the programs offered at St. John’s here.
Experience a night at the shelter with the annual enLIGHTen the Night event.