St. John the Evangelist Homeless Shelter, in living the Gospel mandate to care for the poor and vulnerable, believes that all human beings have the right to the basic needs of food, clothing, shelter and medical care.
Our mission is to:
- Provide a nightly temporary shelter program to meet the needs of the most vulnerable homeless population
- Ensure safety and harm reduction
- Provide services and assistance in a way that respects everyone as a child of God, attempts to connect with them where they are on their journey in life, and is offered in the context of furtherance of human dignity
- Facilitate participation in services which will bring greater fulfillment to the lives of our guests, including main-stream shelter and housing programs, mental health and substance abuse services, health care and other appropriate services
- Advocate in partnership for the needs of our homeless guests